Friday 14 March 2014

Americas medicated kids

I just watched another of Louis’ documentaries. It’s called Americas medicated kids you can check it out on YouTube documentaries. In the documentary Louis visits one of the Leading children’s psychiatric treatment centers in Pittsburgh and looks at the effects to put children with OCD (obsessive compulsive disorders) on prescription drugs. He also looks at the effect is has on that child’s family.

When I first started watching it seemed like some parents are labelling they kids as having ADHD because they were just lazy, but as the documentary progressed it seemed like there was more to the story. It seemed to me that there can be such a thing as an easy and difficult kid no matter how good the parents are.
This documentary surprised me in a positive way because it showed me how human instincts can grow in the darkest places which is a positive thing but I was also shocked but how some people are really willing to hurt each other.


This documentary shed a new light on mental illnesses and it shed light on the fact that there is always hope! I recommend that you guys watch it; you will find it very interesting!

No comments:

Post a Comment